2007-06-07

Saturday, June 9 is Brooklyn Pride

Working it, Brooklyn Pride 2006
DSC_0652

I still have my Marshal's T-Shirt from the very first Brooklyn Pride March on 5th Avenue in Park Slope. I don't know if I'll be able to enjoy any of the festivities this year. I'll be busy cleaning up the garden following the completion of the roof job, just in time for Sunday's Victorian Flatbush House Tour. If I do make it, there will be lots of photos!

All events take place in or kick off from Prospect Park near the Bartel-Pritchard entrance at the corner of Prospect Park West and 15th Street/Prospect Park SouthWest.

5K Run (9:30 AM Registration)

Multicultural Festival (11:00 AM - 6:00 PM)

Kids Space (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM)

Night Pride Parade (8:30 PM Kick Off)

Parade Route
15th Street to 7th Avenue
Right on 7th Avenue down to Lincoln Place

Prospect Park West will also be closed for assembly of the marchers prior to kickoff.

Contingent from the Hetrick-Martin Institute in the 2006 Brooklyn Pride March
DSC_0668

2 comments:

Da Nator said...

Whoa, I completely forgot Bklyn Pride is tomorrow! I'll have to see if we have time to check it out and get our gay on.

Of course, we are going to a Rufus Wainwright concert later that night, which is even gayer...

Chris Kreussling (Flatbush Gardener) said...

Oh my god, that would be sooo gay!

We're planning to do all our "car errands" tomorrow. We haven't been able to get the car out of the garage for the three weeks the driveway was occupied by ladders, roofing materials, and makeshift shop benches.

I'm gonna try to make the parade/march at least. I don't get many opportunities to practice my flash photography!