2007-07-15

Ditmas Park Garden View

DSC_3123

I went on the Ditmas Park Garden View this afternoon. Here's a sample of some of the photos. Many more available in the Flickr set from my visit.

During my visit I was surprised, and flattered, by the number of people wanting to meet me. One woman walked up to me and said "I'm looking for the Flatbush Gardener." She later explained that she was checking everyone with a camera until she found me. A couple I met from Kensington said they'd heard about the event through this blog. Overhearing some of the event organizers, it seems that this year was one of the best-attended. I hope I had something to do with that.

When I checked in, I asked again about taking photos. I was asked to check with each owner at each stop, and not to publish any addresses. I tried to ask. I don't know any of the owners. After the first two stops, the intended order of a guided tour broke down, and it wasn't always possible to identify the owner at each stop. Several other folks had cameras out and were taking photos. So I took photos as best I could without identifying locations. If any owner reading this objects to photos of your property, please let me know and I'll remove them.

DSC_3085

DSC_3092

DSC_3099

DSC_3108

DSC_3117

DSC_3121

DSC_3127

DSC_3134

DSC_3136

DSC_3139

DSC_3075

DSC_3077

DSC_3081

1 comment:

burning silo said...

As always, beautiful photos, Xris. I think it's so neat that several people wanted to meet you after reading your blog.