2007-02-04

The IPCC Report: Grief & Gardening #6

On Friday in Paris, the International Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) released the first volume, "The Physical Basis of Climate Change," of their Fourth Assessment Report, "Climate Change 2007." The Summary for Policymakers (aka SPM, available in PDF only) presents the synopsis of the findings. Other sections of the full report will be released later this year.

I've been reading the reactions and responses - angry, depressed, pessimistic, or nihilistic - to this report from my favorite garden and nature bloggers.

We are experiencing, and witnessing, grieving on a global scale. We are grieving for the world. And the world is grieving.

I've been processing my own feelings about all of this, and trying to formulate my own response. For now, I don't want to respond directly to the IPCC report, nor others' reactions to it. Here's all I want to share right now.

David Bowie - Five Years Live 1972

No comments: