This is a reminder that the second leg of the Green With Envy Tour of Brooklyn community gardens is this Saturday, July 26. Tour Two kicks off at 10am from the Brooklyn Bear's Pacific Street Garden, in the triangle at the intersection of Flatbush Avenue and Pacific Street in Park Slope, near the Atlantic Avenue station.
This is an opportunity to hear about the history of Brooklyn's community gardens, speak with gardeners at each of the gardens, and learn how they organize and operate.
I posted 160 photos from Tour One two weeks ago. Tour Two promises to be just as extensive and interesting.
- Pacific Street Brooklyn Bear’s Garden at Flatbush Avenue
- St. Marks Avenue Blk. Assn. Community Garden btwn Carlton & Vanderbilt
- Prospect Heights Community Farm, St. Marks btwn Vanderbilt & Underhill
- Fulton Revival Garden, Vanderbilt at Gates
- Hollenback Community Garden, Washington btwn Gates & Greene
- Classon Ful-gate Community Garden, Classon btwn Fulton & Gates
- Clifton Place Community Garden, Grand btwn Clifton & Greene
- Pratt/Clinton Hill Community Garden, Hall St at DeKalb
- The Greene Garden, DeKalb at Portland
- Carlton Avenue Brooklyn Bear’s Garden between Fulton & Greene
Related PostsGreen With Envy Tour of Brooklyn Community Gardens, July 12 and 26
Brooklyn Bear's Garden, Park Slope, Green With Envy Tour, I.1
Hoyt Street Garden, Boerum Hill, Green With Envy Tour, I.2
Wyckoff-Bond Community Garden, Boerum Hill, Green With Envy Tour, I.3
David Foulke Memorial Garden, Boerum Hill, Green With Envy Tour, I.4
Warren-St Marks Community Garden, Park Slope, Green With Envy, I.5
Baltic Street Community Garden, Park Slope, Green With Envy Tour, I.6
Lincoln-Berkeley Community Garden, Park Slope, Green With Envy Tour, I.7
Gardens of Union, Park Slope, Green With Envy Tour, I.8
Green With Envy, Tour One, Final Stops 9 and 10