2009-05-29

Chicago Spring Fling 2009

It's going to take me several days to slog through the 350 photos I shot today, let alone what's coming tomorrow. Suffice to say that I was overwhelmed and inspired by what I saw.

Here's the outline for my entire Chicago trip. I'll be adding the links as I write the posts for each feature of the tours.
This is a 180-degree panoramic shot stitched together from eight hand-held and panned shots using the pano tool built into Microsoft Vista. Best viewed at the largest resolution your monitor can support. I took this shot while standing on the Nichols Bridgeway, just opened two weeks ago, which joins Millennium Park to the new modern wing of the Art Institute of Chicago. Monroe Street passes underneath, on the left and right of the photo. Downtown Chicago is to the left, and Lake Michigan is to the right. Millenium Park, including the Great Lawn and Lurie Garden, are roughly in the center of the photo.
Chicago Panorama: Millenium Park, Nichols Bridgeway and Lurie Garden

I created this panorama of the Native Plant Garden at the Chicago Botanic Garden the same way.
Native Plant Garden, Chicago Botanic Garden


[bit.ly]

Related Content

Native Plant Garden, Chicago Botanic Garden
Edible Plant Garden, Chicago Botanic Garden
Rick Bayless Garden
Alfred Caldwell Lily Pool

Links

Each Little World
Garden Punks
Gardening While Intoxicated
Mr. Brown Thumb: Words, Pictures
On the Shores of Lake Chicago: Day 1, Days 2 & 3
Our Little Acre
Prairie Rose's Garden

Chicago Botanic Garden
Lurie Garden

6 comments:

garden girl said...

Wonderful shots! Love the panoramic views.

It was great meeting you today.

Brenda from Flatbush said...

Panorama is awesome!

Kathy said...

That is really cool. I guess Windows Vista is good for something after all.

Kylee Baumle said...

I've always wanted to learn how to stitch photos like that. I've sort of done it, with mixed results, but your shots are fantastic!

It's been fun touring the gardens of Chicago with you!

Jan said...

Your panoramic shots are excellent! I have windows vista now, but have NO idea how to do what you did. Those photos are fantastic!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It was nice getting to meet you Chris. Your photography is marvelous. I can't wait to see more of the Spring Fling through your camera's eye.