2007-04-06

A Visit to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, April 1, 2007

[Updated 2007.04.07 14:30 EDT: Added photos from the Rock Garden.]
[Updated 2007.04.07 11:30 EDT: Began adding photos to this post, and added more photos to the map.]

Screenshot of my Google Map of my visit to BBG on Forsythia Day
Screenshot of my Google Map of my visit to BBG on Forsythia Day
The post title and the image above are linked to my first attempt at using the new MyMaps feature of Google Maps. Let me know if/how it works for you. Is this annoying? Helpful? Interesting? Too geeky? Too slow?

The path shows the route I took, roughly, through BBG the day of my visit. Most of the areas and placemarks on the map along the way contain photos. The photos in turn are linked to their Flickr pages. You can also just browse the Flickr set of photos from my visit.

Here are some of the photos from my visit.

Forsythia Distribution

Waiting for Forsythia Waiting for Forsythia Opening the Gates Forsythia Line Forsythia Handouts

Forsythia Distribution Center



Rock Garden

I did get to see the Rock Garden as I had planned. I wasn't disappointed. I don't usually get to see this garden. It just seems off the beaten path during my usual visits. I want to visit it more often.


Dyer's Broom? Genista tinctoria Rock Garden Flowers, Erica carnea “Springwood Pink”



Rock Garden Rock Garden Leaves, Dyer's Broom Hellebores, Rock Garden Some kind of Willow flowers Corylopsis pauciflora, Buttercup Winterhazel




Other images


Signs of the Day Cornus mas and my doppelganger Andromeda Flowers Brooklyn-Flatbush Boundary Line




Children's Garden Cornus mas flowers Korean Azalea, Rhododendron mucronulatum Andromeda flowers Brooklyn-Flatbush Boundary Marker

2 comments:

kathy said...

I took a look at your photos on Flickr. Very nice. It must have been fun to visit this garden. I enjoyed all of the photos labeled with botanical names. Especially the Okame cherry blossoms.

chuck b. said...

I think it's fun! I'm going to try it.