Today I dragged my better half to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. It was a brief visit; it was sunny and warm when we left the house, but cloudy and chilly by the time I finished buying my seeds at the gift shop.
The Bonsai Museum
The Desert Pavilion
The Tropical Pavilion
The Japanese Garden
Artist and subject in the Trail of Evolution greenhouse. BBG offers classes in botanical art and illustration. I think one or more classes were in session when we visited. We saw several student-artists throughout the garden.
Magnolia in bud at, where else, Magnolia Plaza. I'm guessing bloom for the Star Magnolias is just two weeks away, depending on what weather we get.
The Shakespeare Garden. I hardly ever spend any time in this garden; I usually pass through it on my way to another destination. The entrance to this garden is just across from the Japanese Garden. It also connects with the Fragrance Garden.
- November 4, 2006: Field Trip to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden
- October 29, 2006: The Death of Takeo Shiota
- August 11, 2006: Amorphophallus titanum
- June 8, 2006: Field Trip to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden
- April 23, 2006: Flickr photo set
- November 6, 2005: Flickr photo set