This morning, some neighbors took me for my first visit to the Brooklyn Terminal Market. Several blocks of outdoor (this time of year, anyway) and indoor plants and supplies (fertilizers, mulch, and so on).
I couldn't resist buying several plants.
Perennials and annuals at A. Visconti & Son, Brooklyn Terminal Market
From A. Visconti & Son:
- Dianthus caryophyllus SuperTrouper Dark Violet, Carnation, for windowboxes. This variety was the most fragrant, with a spicy clove scent, from all the varieties on hand.
- Sempervivum "Bronco", Hens and Chicks, for windowboxes
- Polystichum tsu-tsimense, for shade garden, shady path
From Harvest Produce:
- Dicentra eximia "Aurora", white-flowering selection of native bleeding heart, for native plant garden
- Heuchera "Color Dream", Coral Bells. These are one of the varieties of red-leaved Heucheras in the middle of the photo above.
- Iris germanica "Zebra", variegated German Iris, for sunny border/cut flower garden
- Liatris spicata "Kobold", cultivar of Dense Blazing Star, for native plant garden or sunny border/cut flower garden. You can see these in the foreground of the photo above.