2008-05-19

Upcoming local events

It's a busy season for tours and such. Here is a highly selective (ie: things I would go to, if I have the time and/or my schedule permits) list of (mostly) local events. Details for all these as I know them are in my Google Calendar in the sidebar.
  • Wednesday, May 21, 6pm, Prospect Park Audubon Center: Bee Watchers 2008 Orientation
  • Thursday, May 22, 3pm: Cortelyou Road Streetscape Project Ribbon Cutting & Opening Ceremony
  • Sunday, June 1, 12noon: Prospect Lefferts Gardens House Tour
  • Saturday, June 7 and Sunday, June 8: The 1st Annual Flatbush Artists Studio Tour (FAST)
  • Sunday, June 8, 11am: Brownstone Brooklyn Garden Walk (not Flatbush, but not to be missed if you're interested in urban gardens and gardening)
  • Sunday, June 8, 1pm: Victorian Flatbush House Tour
  • Thursday, June 12, 7pm: City Planning Commission presents proposed zoning changes for Victorian Flatbush (northern half of CB14)
  • Saturday, June 21, 11am: Newkirk Avenue Block Party
I am always on the lookout for opportunities to visit and promote gardens in Brooklyn. If you are organizing or know of any garden walks or tours in Brooklyn and would like me to publicize it, please email me the details. My email address is in my profile, available in the sidebar.

No comments: